A Student Publication of Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA

SACMedia

SACMedia

SACMedia

Mt. SAC is Puttin’ On the Hits with Lip Sync Battle for a Good Cause

Image Provided by Mt SAC Faculty Association

Mt. SAC’s annual fundraiser, Puttin On the Hits, will take place on Mar. 9 and 10 at the Sophia B. Clarke Theater. This event is sponsored by Mt. SAC’s Faculty Association and it raises money for student scholarships. The show features students, professors, administrators, and Mt. SAC Board members lip syncing to popular songs and Broadway hits, while impersonating famous people.

Clubs will also compete for prizes in a lip sync battle. First place gets $250, second place gets $150, and third and fourth place get $50 each. This is the only part of the event where contestants are competing against each other. There are eight slots for eight clubs, and four will perform each night. The last day to sign up is Feb. 2.  Email Nafiseh Kaeni at [email protected] with the name of your club to sign-up.

In 2017, Mt. SAC’s Faculty Association awarded over $10,000 in scholarships to students at the F.A. Student Awards ceremony. This event helps raise that money to make those scholarships possible.

General admission tickets are $20 and for students with student I.D.s and children under 12, tickets are $10. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. on Mar. 9 and at  7 p.m on Mar. 10.

To buy tickets, visit https://tickets.mtsac.edu/Online/ or call the box office at (909) 468-4050.